Friday, April 25, 2014

That One Rupee




Date/Time: April 24th 5:00 AM
Place: Koyambedu Bus Stand

In the quest to change the history of this country (wooow!), I jumped in to the bus, which was meant to my hometown, Krishnagiri. This 5 AM bus is a ghost bus, because usually there will be only 2 or 3 passengers, but now it’s full. I thought to myself, “hmm, very good, people are enthusiastic”.

Out of curiosity, I asked the guy (Let’s name him Modi) who was sitting next to me, “Sir, are you going to cast your vote”.

Modi said, “no thambi, I’m going for my relative’ marriage in Bangalore”.
(My mind voice - Etha nan nambanuma ?)
Me, “Then, you’ll come back and cast your vote ?”.
He said, “If there is time, I’ll do”.
Me, “grrrrr..
He asked, “so you are going for elections”.
Yes, yes”, saying that I turned my head towards the window and got immersed into mobile music.

11:00 AM

In home, we (Me, my mother and wife) had a small discussion of whom to vote. I said, I’m on a mission to get the communist back to the main stage of Indian politics, my wife opted for my choice. My mom said she’ll go for NOTA.

On our way to the booth, my old uncle, who is a die-hard MGR fan, gave me a victory signal (Secret code word for ADMK!!). I then cast my vote. Happy, happy, happy!.

9:00 PM

I was getting ready for the return trip. My wife said you are wearing the same shirt which you wore while coming, it’s smelly. I said, “that's OK, the smell will keep others not to sit next to me”.

9:31 PM

I got inside the bus to Chennai, when I got in, I felt the smell of the suppotta pazam. Is it suppotta or sulphata ?. I wonder how these people get liquor on election day!.

Surprise !, the same guy whom I met while coming from Chennai was sitting next to me. Yes, its Modi. I gave him a look, my mind voice “So, you didn't cast the vote”.

Tickets.. tickets.. tickets .. the conductor started to sell tickets. The fare is Rs 151. He was asking 1 Re. change from everyone, some gave 1.00 Re. and some 2.00 Rs. I gave Rs 202 and got 50 back. Modi gave Rs. 502 and he got Rs 350 back.

What happened to that Re. 1. The conductor should have given Rs. 51 to me and Rs. 351 to Modi !!

I had this kind of experiences with conductors during my college days. These guys will pretend as if they forgot. Some will even argue that they gave it when we ask later. I thought not to postpone it. So once the conductor finished issuing the tickets and when he was returning back, I asked for Re. 1 change. He didn't even say a word, he gave it. My mind voice “Good acting sir”.

Modi didn't ask for his Re. 1 even after we got down at CMBT. He just walked away into the crowd. I couldn't identify him, as there were many Modi’s in the crowd.

***The End.***

Oh!! you want moral of this post!- If you want something, you should knock, otherwise naridum, either a bus conductor or the country.



** Image 1- By the this blogger.
** Image 2- This blogger' ancestor.



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks sir.

      Ennamum seeiyavendiya vellai neraiya iruku.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Mahesh.

      More things happened, I could have written those, but don't want to bore readers.

      The point was to "ASK" "KNOCK" for the rights.

      Delete