Tuesday, April 22, 2014

RG's Women Empowerment




Some time back we all know Rahul Gandhi gave an interview to Arnab on Times Now. In that interview “women empowerment” was the phrase which he kept on repeating. The entire social media went abuzz on that phrase. Every John, Johny & Janardhan made fun out of it. Rahul Gandhi face was painted with a “dumb”stemper.

Now, when I think about what he said, I feel he made sense. We (I) the people, as an impatient ones might have missed it. For a moment forget Rahul Gandhi and the bully Arnab, just think of what Rahul said in that interview. What Rahul said is reality and it is true in every word.

I was looking for people who can defend him (apart from congressmen), but I didn't find any, I didn't even find any women to endorse or support his “women empowerment” views. I thought some women, girl, lady would say “Hey guys!, what he said about women empowerment has to become a reality. While subjectively he is correct, but objectively he might be eyeing the vote bank or trying to dodge Arnab’ questions”. But there were no voices for his aid.

Many saw this as his objective point of view and didn't take it serious or for the fact they (I) didn't even consider it. End of the day, if we don't like a person, whatever he\she says is not important and we give a damn. 

I could have stopped here, but...

If Rahul Gandhi’ objective views about “women empowerment” is not taken seriously. Why do the objective views of Mulayam Singh Yadav’ rapist views to be taken seriously?

** The above picture is a screen grab from a Tamil movie, he has nothing to do with this article, but just reflecting my confused reaction!





2 comments:

  1. Yes, RaGa's interview made sense if you read the transcript, but if you watch the video you will see a cockroach and broom. I wanted to present a view of mine in that but after a while it faded away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the script looks good, but bad enactment. I also want to write the psyche of RG.

      Delete