Sunday, November 20, 2016

Wise Monkeys




I’m going to start with a usual disclaimer- I don’t know about economics. 

Like others, I thought on Nov 8th, that this situation will become normal in 2-3 days. But the very next day, I felt the impact in the name of a medical emergency. I had money, but I couldn’t take it from my account, or if I can take, it was very meager considering the bill to be settled in the hospital. Fortunately, after two days, my bank raised the swipe limit and it was breather. So I had a “minor” inconvenience.

Is there a minor and major inconvenience? And don’t say I might have handled situation in different way, your suggestions are in hindsight. And, don’t suggest others to go cashless or mobile money. You cannot dictate on how I use my money, especially when I pay taxes and whatever I have is hard earned white money.

And you bhakts, few months before you were chasing around beef, how come you people suddenly became economics expert. A courageous move, is not necessarily a right move. On top, the courageous move is not planned well. With daily one announcement, people like me had to do ATM hunting even after almost two weeks of the so called demonetisation. 

"A courageous move, is not necessarily a right move."

Simple analogy (Which I made after reading or hearing so many talks\texts)- You have a one wheeled cycle (which is the economic system), the spokes in the wheel are the currency. There are 100 spokes on the wheel, which supports the system. You remove the 86 spokes instantly (86% of 500/1000 denomination), which you assume are bad spokes. Then you install half-spoke a day and that too with all the hiccups. How will the cycle run or can be used?

There are lots of monetary economic literature available, newspaper are churning up columns. Our government is living in hope and prayer. Even if govt succeeds in its objective, people had suffered or at least I suffered your notion of “minor” inconvenience.


Remember, our economy succeeded recession, when globally it affected other countries. So if we succeed this, then it will be because of the resilient of the people (Success is getting back to normal. Not the cashless, eradicate black and counterfeit money).


No comments:

Post a Comment