Friday, June 13, 2014

Morning Mabbu




Time: 4:55 AM
Place: Kandanchavadi Bus stop

After having a samosa and tea, I went to the bus stop to catch a bus to Vadapalani. There were already three guys in the stop. One guy was sitting in the platform, while the other two were standing. The two guys standing were waiting for their respective buses, Ford and Nissan. The guy sitting down was blabbering something and talking to himself. 

Few minutes passed. The guy sitting down asked to me, “nee computer thanne”. I thought “Yov, nan manusan ya!!”. He then pointed the passing Maersk van and said “poi anda vandila erikoo”. No second guess, this guy was either in mabbu or hangover. I didn't answer him, He too didn't expect a reply from me. 

Then came the alarm sound from the opposite church. 

Neeram kalai 5 mani. Time is 5 AM. Karthar Ungalodu….

Once the Bible verse got finished the mabbu guy again turned to me and asked “Time enna?”.

I thought “#@!$%*” and said “Watch elle!”.

After sometime the Nissan bus came and the Nissan guy got inside the bus. As the bus went past us, the mabbu guy said “Ippadi ennakum daily velaiku poraduku vandi amicha, nanum olunga velaiku poi irupeen”.

An MTC came and I jumped in. Thought to myself “Ovurutharuku oru feelings!

---*---


No comments:

Post a Comment