Friday, November 18, 2016

Why do People Pray ?

praying-mahabalipuram-chennai-india


Why do you pray? If you were asked this question what will be your response, 

- I pray because I was told to pray by my parents

- I pray because, I might get my wishes fulfilled

- I pray for my well-being

- I pray for strength and peace

- I pray because of faith

Irrespective of which religion you are in and god you choose, the act and objective of praying must be more or less same. No body pray god saying that their neighbors has to suffer. They may wish, but not  மெனக்கெட்டு (menaketu) pray for it.

Another thing to note is only humans pray, or at least we should believe animals don’t pray, because we assume they don’t have god. Now as I write this, a question popups in me- Do we need god in the act of praying? The first man, who prayed, did he/she/they do it by fear or faith or to put it sarcastically did god decent from heaven to Earth and teach man to pray.

If we say praying is faith, then there is no point to discuss further. It’s your faith and your choice, but why do you pray for someone who doesn’t have faith or doesn’t believe in faith.

Lots of questions…

**Above pic by blogger @ Mahabalipuram


No comments:

Post a Comment