Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Chennai Bloggers Club Meet




When the event was created in Facebook, I decided to go after thinking for 4.43 Seconds. But, when the day arrived, I was not in a mood (iduku eduku mood!), due to lack of sleep after a hard night work in the office! and mixed with a severe headache.

The meet was to start at 3 PM, so I followed Indian Standard Time- I got up at 3 PM. Left home at 3:30 PM. I knew I had to travel a straight road after catching 100ft road in Vadapalani. The meet was at www.chronicwriter.com house, which was in Kanchipuram District, so it was Chennai Bloggers Club meet in Kanchipuram. 

Saturday evening with the light traffic I was able to reach the area in 45 mins, but I couldn't find the street. I asked the neighborhood annachi store guy, he gave me a look. The look told me 1000 meanings- ethanai peru kelambi irukenga!!. I guess prior to me some of the fellow blogger would have asked him the same street address. Done. I made it to his house.

Entering the house, it was a shocker for me. 20 odd people were sitting on the floor, for a moment I thought I had entered into a sappadu panthi (Marriage dining hall!). I introduced myself like a WWE star. With my latest hairstyle, I thought most of them couldn't have recognized me. As I shook my hands with all, I was able to identify everyone except, www.arvindkumar.com, www.destinationinfinity.org and Sundar (Unga blog enna ji). At last, I extended my hand to www.teerthadanam.wordpress.com, with his iron grip he broke two of my five finger bones!. The other three was broken in the end (finishing touch).

I really don't know what was in the store, but I knew there were good snacks. Rava Ladoo by www.homestylevegfood.com was good, brownie cake was good attempt, some poor soul had bought butter biscuits- cool idea two thumbs-up.

After the introduction session, things went really serious- coffee table book, blog commenting, blogging…

Somewhere, www.moontimetunes.blogspot.in talked about his experience in purposefully spending a night in a local railway station. It should have been a different experience, but I forgot to ask why did they do it?

www.bragadeeshprasanna.com was capturing the moments in his camera.

www.viddev.wordpress.com sang a song (one or two!).

www.chronicwriter.com sang a song. He was a terrific host and also organised a group activity. The outcome of the activity was two drawings- One, which had a Picasso mixed with Rembrandt touch and the other was a Salvador Dali mixed with Raja RaviVarma.

Then, open the bottle (non-alcho), we were given a TASMAC kind of a plastic tumbler with two drops of Appy juice from an ink-filler.

Finally, we paid our respects to Don Lingu Bhai and dispersed for the day.


I had a good time to meet so many like-minded (blogging) people, some experienced writers, professionals in other fields who has passion to blog\write. I look forward to their company.

As of now Chennai Bloggers Club can be found at - www.facebook.com/groups/thechennaibloggersclub/, we don't have any branches.

3 comments:

  1. You missed the 'again and again and again' song by Prason. That was the star performance of the day! :)

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Rajesh. But, I couldn't find the YouTube or link to embed it here.

      Delete
  2. super.. Really interesting to hear this bloggers meet. It should move next level. All the very best to all Bloggers.

    ReplyDelete