Friday, March 1, 2013

Booze Ban



A 57 year old man, Sasi Perumal is on fast (31st day) demanding total prohibition of liquor in Tamil Nadu, familiarly known as booze\Saraku. Read more here by an article in Indian Express.

Check this for a debate in Pudiya Thalaimurai. 



Some of my friends might take this lightly and laughing at this, I understand that you are a 25K+ salaried cap,  some will have a disposable income and you dispose it in the booze, but these Satyagrahi is mostly concerned about the people who drink in the money which is meant for basic survival of their family and he is also concerned about the fast addiction from the school going kids.

Earlier people used to drink for special occasions, but now the booze is such an integral part of the system and so the special occasion is when you don’t drink, I have seen FB status’- I didn't drink this weekend, feeling so fresh.

I know you will think, “OK, what about you”, I was briefly part of this whirlpool, not any more.


No comments:

Post a Comment