Saturday, March 14, 2015

Cheran To Home


Has Cheran opened the pandora's box


Getting a brand new non-pirated Tamil film DVD is easy now, it is just a phone call away. C2H, Cinema To home or rather say Cheeran To Home is here. Last week, C2H released there first film "JK Enum Nanbanin Vaazkai".

Network matters

I thought of buying a copy, I went into their website. I sent an email to their enquiry email address rather than calling the distributor. I live in an unusual locality, starting from postal department to gas vendor place my locality into different area, one will say it is in Choolaimedu, one will place it is in Arumbakkam and some in Vadapalani. So, no wonder C2H got confused. I received a reply from C2H, they gave Arumbakam distributor number, when I called them, and he gave Choolimedu distributor. I had to talk to the right distributor to get the DVD. The point here is establishing a network, which is very hard. Looks like C2H has done it. Now, since they had set the platform the others can use (cash on) it.

Number matters

Looks like C2H had already sold 10 - 15 lakhs DVD's. I assume this count includes all south states and overseas sale. I read that in Kerala 7500 copies sold in 2 days. Calculate the math, minimum 10 lakh copies, 50Rs/copy, will be 5 crore. Did I get my math right?.

Jamakalathula filtered fools

In spite of the availability of the original DVD for Rs.50, it's a joke to see people still going for pirated copy and torrents.

Copycats

If one ventures into a new business and succeeds, then it's a norm that others will follow into the same business. So, don't be amused if you find Films2Home, DVD2Home to follow.

Expecting some good Tamil films and if possible some good overseas films (Non-Hollywood) from C2H.

Cinema 2 Home



No comments:

Post a Comment