Monday, May 12, 2014

Meaning of Life?



While travelling in bus, I always used to immerse myself into my mobile music, cause this is the only opportunity I get to listen to songs. But last week, one day when traveling back from office I couldn't listen to my mobile music as I was sitting right behind the driver. The engine noise of deafening. I opted for “window watching”, with the night showers, the early morning breeze was cool. 

This bus was from Kalpakkam to Koyambedu, its a route bus or widely referred as moffusil bus. Usually they don't have FM radio in these kind of buses, but this had one. Rainbow FM was playing songs. After the news, the RJ started to speak about life and its meaning. He started to narrate a small story.

A family man went to a sanyasi. He said he is feed up with his routine life. Every day he gets up in the morning, brushes, drink coffee, read newspaper, get ready to office, drop kids in school, come home in the evening, watch TV, spend some time with family and then sleep. Again the same cycle the next day. meantime the kids will grow, educate them, give them money, their marriage and then their kids. This is like a mechanical life. The man asks the sanyasi to take him as his disciple and he can be in his ashram. So that he can learn the meaning of life from him. 

The sanyasi thought for a while, because even in this ashram there are routine work to do. So this man could get easily feed up with those work too. The sanyasi then started to say a story to make the man realize the meaning of life.

Now, the RJ stopped and said “before we continue lets listen to this song from Kadaluku Mariyadai”. The song started playing. Around halfway through the song, the bus reached Vadapalani signal and I had to get down.

So without knowing the full story I got down. Now I realize I could have continued the travel till CBMT!, but anyways, can you complete it ?

NOTE: You can ask, when you had the mobile with you, then you could have listened to the rest of the story? Yes, correct, it didn't strike me then!

**Above picture by the blogger




2 comments: